> Please forgive the hodge-podge look of my website as I make some changes. Check back in a few days to see the final result.
 

Pro [?] Basketball in DC


Rick Barry -- Washington Caps

Oh, I was so excited when I heard the news. The Oakland Oaks of the ABA was moving to Washington, to become the Washington Caps. Sigh. Never meant to be. It was a typical ABA franchise, run on a shoestring, and playing in long forgotten arenas [Washington Colesium]. I never did understand why they kept the green and gold motif in Washington DC.

The next year, Earl Foreman made his intentions known: he wanted to move the Bullets to DC and call them the "Capitol Bullets." How dumb. The name, not the move. The Caps moved south and made the Scope in Norfolk home, and called themselves the Virginia Squires. They signed this kid out of Umass, and he had a decent career. His name? Erving. Julius Eriving, better known as Dr. 'J'

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?