> Please forgive the hodge-podge look of my website as I make some changes. Check back in a few days to see the final result.
 

Bob Short: A Man Both Democrats & Republicans Could Hate


Ed Doherty, Bob [I'll Steal Your Team] Short & Ted Williams

Bob Short as he appeared in the "official" 1969 Washington Senators team photograph [I got it when I was 13]. I google searched for a picture of Short, but there just aren't any/many available. I guess everyone burned them in protest. There was a famous image of him watching a Rangers - Orioles game at Memorial Stadium in 1972. A "large" Senators fan walked right up to his box and held up a "Bob Short" effigy being hung by a noose. Couldn't find it though.

Do you know who Short outbid for the Senators? Bob Hope. Think Hope would have moved the team?

UPDATE:
HERE is the story about the man I mentioned in the story above. Great read.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?